Welcome! We’d like to welcome you and your child to Picolata Crossing Elementary Media Center. Here, your child will gain a learning experience that encourages learners to be skilled creators of information with collaborative activities. Our program will include information literacy skills, digital citizenship for ethical media technology use, and literature appreciation. Our goal is to be an extension of the classroom, provide a rich variety of materials to support curriculum and promote a lifelong love of learning and reading.
Want to help expand our library? Here’s our wish list:
Wish List: https://tinyurl.com/PCES-Media-Wishes
Hours of Operation:
The media center is open daily from 8:35 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. On Wednesdays we are open until 12:30 p.m.
Checkouts will occur during your child’s weekly scheduled class time and during some daily open morning times for individual checkouts. This year our related arts schedule is set on a 3-week (grades K-2) or 6-week (grades 3-5) rotation.
- Students in Pre-K, kindergarten and first grade may check out one book after library etiquette is fully taught (after approximately three weeks).
- Students in second grade may check out two books.
- Students in third, fourth, and fifth grade may check out three books.
Books can be enjoyed for 2 weeks before they are due. However, students may select to renew their book if they have not finished the book. We have book return bins set just outside the library and in the upstairs hallway for convenience.
The behavior policy in the media center is based on school-wide expectations. We all encourage students to be respectful of library materials and equipment as well as other students using the media center.
Media Center Rules & Expectations
- Follow directions the first time.
- Use quiet library voices.
- Always walk to your area.
- Show respect to teachers and students. Be kind.
- Clean up your area and work together. Teamwork makes the dream work!
- Keep your hands clean and take care of our books.