We’d like to welcome you and your child to Picolata Crossing Elementary Media Center. Here, your child will gain a learning experience that encourages learners to be skilled creators of information with collaborative activities. Our program will include information literacy skills, digital citizenship for ethical media technology use, and literature appreciation.
Hours of Operation:
The media center is open at 8:40 A.M. each morning and closes at 2:40 P.M. Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. It is open from 8:40 A.M. until 1:40 P.M. on Wednesdays.
- Students in kindergarten and first grade may check out one book after library etiquette is fully taught (after approximately three weeks).
- Students in second and third grade may check out two books.
- Students in fourth and fifth grade may check out three books.
Books are checked out until their next media center rotation; however, students may select to renew their book if they have not finished the book.
The behavior policy in the media center is based on school-wide expectations. We all encourage students to be respectful of library materials and equipment as well as other students using the media center.
Media Center Rules
- Respect others using the media center-be polite to your classmates and adults.
- Raise your hand before talking-use a quiet voice, listen carefully, and follow directions.
- Use a shelf-marker when finding books.
- Use safety by always walking indoors.
- Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
- Keep all four of the chair legs on the ground- no tipping.
- Keep shoes off of furniture.
- Leave food, candy, and drinks outside of the media center.
- Pick up after yourself, slide in your chair, and return books to their proper place.